Monday, May 18, 2009

Chocolate Cupcakes with Passionfruit/Chocolate Ice Cream



Wow, so pretty!
On the same day as buying chocolate ice cream for the Ice Cream Cupcake Roundup, I had bought some really yummy passionfruit ice cream. It wasnt that cheap, but oh my, it was really good. I thought - lets create something with that! Well, first off, I was looking up what went with passionfruit, and I didnt find anything really, but instead, I decided to look up what goes well with passionfruit. Chocolate!

So finding the chocolate cupcake recipe was also hard. It needed to be dense and rich to offset the light and fruity passionfruit. This recipe was amazing. Although I had made WAY too many cupcakes, and it was from a box mix, it was still really good.

This time, I learned, make the cupcake first, wait for them ALL to cool down and then put the ice cream on it. The ice cream had not melted on me as much. I had them in the freezer over night, and I had put the whipped cream on it. Chocolate whipped cream. It was really easy to make and it was really light and fluffy. I did not want to put the espresso one on the passionfruit ones because that might be competing flavors so I went with more chocolate. There's nothing wrong with going with more chocolate =).

Pictures by Dmitriy again, thank you for taking pictures of them when you were supposed to be studying for your final! <3

<3 Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
<3 Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails