Friday, May 1, 2009

Pineapple Upside Down...Cake

What was supposed to be cupcakes, turned into a cake.

First, my roommate has let someone borrow all of our cupcake pans so we didnt have any, and I couldnt really make pineapple upside down cupcakes without at least one. So I decided to do it the regular way and make a cake.

I followed this recipe, but made a few changes.

Recipe:
Ingredients:
1 20-ounce can pineapple circles
1/3 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
18-19 ounce yellow cake mix (prepare batter as directed on box OR use these ingredients)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
a little bit of water
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease two circular pans (I used an 8 and a 9 in pans)
Drain canned pineapple, reserving liquid in a glass measuring cup.
Place the butter and brown sugar evenly on two each pan.
Decorate the pans with the circles. (I cut them into fourths and decorated appropriately)
Place cake mix and eggs in large bowl.
To reserved pineapple juice, add enough water to make a total of 1-1/3 cups of liquid.
Pour liquid in bowl.
Mix until well blended.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Allow to rest in pan for 2 minutes and then invert onto serving platter.


I decided to get a little funky and use some of the batter and make it green using green food coloring. It was just a little fun side of things for a party I went to.

Picture time!

This is what happens when a college student gets lazy.
Pretty decorating
All baked.
yay with the green!
FAIL CAKE!

Cupcakes would have been much more fun, but a lot more work than needed for this kickback my friend was throwing. After one of my cakes would not completely invert onto the other one, I just used the extra pineapple and decorated the other completed one. I also ate the horrible fail cake. When I got there, half the cake was gone and I'm glad that everyone there loved it. =)
<3 Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
<3 Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails